Sunday, September 5, 2010

Such a time as this

....and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? Esther 4:14
This was a scripture quoted by our new Stake Relief Society President at the adult session of stake conference and it was such an amazing talk about remembering why we are on the earth and what our purpose may be. God knows it and we once knew it, even though we aren't allowed to fully remember it ( that would be too easy ) we can get insight as we draw close to the Lord.

I recently read the blog of a woman who lost her 18 month old daughter this past July after she fell into a canal and died a week later. Click here. This woman's faith amazes me and has inspired me to be a more present mother and take the time to play with my children. One of her recent posts was titled-I CAN DO HARD THINGS which is what she tells herself as she meets daily challenges that have the potential to cripple her already heartbroken spirit not even 2 months after losing her only child. Though I cannot relate to her situation, I CAN relate to her emotion and applaud her for her courage and steadfastness to the Saviour. I do not know if I would be able to do the same in her shoes.
However, I can keep going in my own life despite the overwhelming feeling of being a single parent. There are days I just want to scream. There are days where I just don't want to get out of bed. But I keep going because it is what I choose to do. I want my children to remember that I never gave up-I FOUGHT. I fought until I couldn't fight anymore and then I picked myself up and fought some more. Because they are worth more than what they have had. And so am I.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I just read that blog, too. I had to stop because I was crying too much. I liked the reminder - I can do hard things. Sending hugs your way!

juliette pouwer said...

The part that hit me square in the head was 'you are enough' I have to remember that everyday that what I am able to do that day is enough. And you are enough too!
luv ya!

adrienne said...

I came across that blog as well, just a few days after she passed away. Unfortunately, I read at work, which was not a good idea because I was a mess. It really puts things in perspective. She seems like such an amazing person and an inspiration. P.S. You are also and amazing person and an inspiration in your own trials!!

Barb Stanford said...

Thanks for sharing that post Erica...needed it! You are amazing...hope you know it and feel it =)

Julie said...

i love your last bit - that they are worth more, and so are you. you all deserve so so much.