Joshua turned 4 today! We went and had his picture taken at Superstore-I sort of wish the girl had been more creative but it still turned out great. Not even close to some of the photographers I know but you do get what you pay for. It seems crazy that it's only been 4 years since Josh has been with us as I can't really remember what I did before he was here. Then Joe, Josh and I went to Montana's for lunch and they sang to him and tried to put the moose ears on his head (which he would NOT allow) We got him a bike for his birthday-I figure when this baby shows up then we can go for walks and he can ride his bike while I push the baby in the stroller. At least it will encourage us to get out of the house and give me more exercise than just moving from room to room. 8 weeks to go-if this were the same timeline as Josh I'd be having this baby in 1 1/2 weeks. YIKES-no wonder we weren't ready.
I've noticed that since having Josh I'm slightly obsessed with him. I don't know if mothers with only one child are like that or if you just get obsessed with each one as they come along. Most of the pictures I take are of him and I'm rarely in pictures anymore. I love to be with him and we keep counting down the days til Mom doesn't have to get up and go to work in the morning (10!!!!) He cried on Fri morning when I left for work and it doesn't happen often but when he's upset and the longer I stay the later I am-it just sucks. I'm SO excited to go on mat leave-I hope this baby will cook at least til early July to give me time with Josh and to get this house organized.
These are my 10 favorite things about my son:
1. His hugs and kisses-he's very affectionate and has always been a cuddler
2. When he tells me he loves me
3. Watching him enjoy things-he's SO expressive and I love to watch the expressions on his face
4. His big brown eyes
5. The way he says his prayers-doesn't matter if it's to bless the food or before bed-it's the same prayer word for word and don't think you can try to tell him how to change it.
6. The way his little legs look in shorts
7. The twinkle in his eyes when he's teasing me (must get it from his Great Grandpa Bohne)
8. That he's obsessed with all things Halloween-ESPECIALLY witches
9. When he gets shy
10. His imagination
12 hours ago